Plans eh? So much for using other people's words for the blog this week.
With the rioting and looting that has taken place all over England this week, I cannot keep silent. If anyone wanted evidence of emotional immaturity, just read and watch the news.
I will be succinct for a change.
I am not going to apportion blame. This particular jig-saw has many pieces. There is no one reason behind the behaviour on display. After all, for every person that can be shown to be 'deprived' in some way, there will be another who has experienced similar circumstances and not chosen to riot and loot. The question 'why?' is always interesting.
(In therapy, the question, "when does the problem not happen?" can be illuminating.)
I would just like to use these events to mention some of a person's principle needs again.
- A meaning and purpose in life.
- Loving and being loved.
- Security in home, work and environment
- A sense of autonomy and control.
- A sense of community
- The giving and receiving of attention.
- Balanced nutrition.
- A feeling of status and personal value.
- Fun and friendship.
- A sense of achievement coming from being stretched in what we do and think.
- The need for privacy.