Wednesday 8 June 2011

False Dawn




I did return. Honest. I never really went away again.



Not a day has gone by in the last few months, when some train of thought hasn't been triggered by an event in the news, a comment, a meeting or suchlike.

Yesterday I was with a friend and colleague recovering from a major leg operation. "Please write that book", she pleaded. "I need it for my clients." I left her with those words ringing in my ears, together with enthusiasm stirred by the afternoon's conversation.

This morning I received a re-tweet about a programme on Radio 5 Live last night. Two hours about depression and professional cricketers. I listened to some of it this morning on Listen Again: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011lvqc
No doubt, an excellent programme, but some of the content caused my hackles to rise.

There was that thought again. "I must write about it on my blog." Ha! But will I?

Well, I'm here, which is a step forward. I've even dusted off the Itunes collection of 'Chasing Rainbows'.

Looks like I mean business this time.

Thank you Gail Rhodes. Thank you Michael Vaughan.

No comments: