Friday 13 November 2009

Part 1. Why?


In 2004 I wrote a blog for my website: www.yorkhumangivens.co.uk. The blog was a report on a speaking tour in Australia I undertook with a friend and colleague, Sue Hansich. I thought about continuing it back in the UK, but never got round to it, though I did write and broadcast podcasts.

Two events this summer meant that I started serious blogging again in August.

1. I was chosen to be part of the 4th plinth project in Trafalgar Square on September 26th.
(http://fourthplinth.blogspot.com)

2. I am renovating a cottage with my husband, Adrian and he was away working in Australia, so it was a good way to keep him (and the family) to keep in touch with progress.
(http://buildersprogress.blogspot.com)

I have mentioned podcasts. These are called 'Chasing Rainbows' and can be found on the website and Itunes. They are on the theme of adult emotional maturity or why do adults sometimes behave like children?

It has always been my aim to publish a book on the subject, but family events have intruded into my time, so no book - yet. Though I have got as far as having a proposal to send out to interested parties.

So why have I started this blog this morning?

Well, at 1.15pm I am due to be on BBC Radio York, to take part in a general discussion on the week's events. At 9am I discovered that my website link was down. As I started to sort that out, I realised my Google information was out of date and when was I updating that, my mind turned to a blog and here I am...

No comments: