Friday 13 November 2009

Part 2. Radio York


At 8.30am on September 23rd, I suddenly remembered I hadn't filled in the Radio York events form promoting the York Ebor Soroptimist's Water Aid stall. I was due to leave for London, but as Radio York is in same road, I decided to make a quick detour.

The young woman who answered the door turned out to be Jonathan Cowap's producer, Katie. After some small talk about the plinth, because Jonathan had been on it on July, she asked whether I would be interested in being a 'Weekender' on a future Friday's programme.

Two weekenders, one man, one woman join Jonathan for a chat about the week's events over 40 minutes. I told her that I would be interested.

And that is how I spent my time between 1 -2pm today. Can't believe how many subjects we covered in that time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7g3 About 1.50pm (110 mins on tape) Available until 19th November.


Without overdoing it, I managed to mention of the human givens approach, the York practice, impulsive behaviour, actions and consequenses, emotional arousal preventing clear thinking and inappropriate prescribing of medication.

Slowly, slowly...this is just the start.

No comments: